Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We control our own destiny

Nobody is just going to give you anything in life.  We control our own destiny along with some oversight from the grace of God.  If you choose to do nothing with your life then you have made a choice and that is likely what you will get.

I have created Reekers Research and Solutions Center to give advice and support to others to help them in any way I can.  In helping others I am getting something in return for my efforts.  I doesn't mean that I am getting money or tangible gifts, but I am getting fulfillment and satisfaction and that is something.  If you are happy with the way things are then you have achieved all that you want and need.  I have not reached that level yet.

I am doing okay financially but I am not rich, out of debt or ready to retire.  Even though I did not do well in elementary and high school since becoming an adult I have committed to becoming a life long learner.  The way I see it that is the only choice.  I enjoyed my time in college for the time I was in but  I have no fancy degrees.  I did learn that there is more out there than most will want to teach or that anyone has time to.  I have gotten more out of educating myself by reading and listening to what others have to say.  Thanks to technology self learning is easier than ever and that is why I am here.

I have a mission to help people and I know in turn it will help me.  I plan to keep on reading books and listening to people talk.  I enjoy this format along with all the other information sharing opportunities but sometimes you have to separate from all the devices and just grab a shovel and go.  I get tremendous satisfaction at just putting my back into it and getting my hands dirty too.

Let me know what I can do to help and you will be helping me.

Garrison

No comments:

Post a Comment