Friday, January 21, 2011

Don't Let the Cold Stop You from Exploring

As I now sit at the Mac it is 5 degrees Fahrenheit outside an light flurries.  There could not be a better time to explore what the Internet has to offer.  Today for example I went to my personal facebook page and Sue & Steve Show tuned me in to http://www.tut.com  and it looks like a great site that will help with goal setting and keeping motivated.  I could spend all day checking out sites taking in information and expanding my mind and resource list to be able to help others.  It is amazing how in the last 2 1/2 hours what I have taken in.

I want to encourage everyone to go and check out new things and get a little out of your comfort zone to look at things you otherwise may not.    If I had not taken some of this advice this blog and everything associated with it would not exist.  Facebook is a great way to connect with friends, but there are also many other pages that you can connect to that will open you to new ideas.  I have also begun to follow many on twitter with great links and great ideas that can get you out of your normal day to day environment.  Starting a blog is also a great way to journal your thoughts so that you can look back and see what you were thinking and doing when you post.  Although few if any people may read or view your blog it is a great way to put ideas in a record and you may just be able to connect with someone with similar ideas.  Even if you do not want to have a blog for just anyone to view start a personal hand written journal.  I am bad at keeping up my journals but found that what I have written down can be valuable to look at to see what I was thinking and where I am at today.

The most important thing is that you always try to better yourself and have goals.  If you get caught up too much in the anxieties of everyday life you will loose focus and get off of the track that you have set through goals.  I assure anyone that reads this that I will have a better plan to organize my thoughts instead of jumping around but it is fun just getting the ideas out there.

Now for my most important work, getting off of the computer and spending time with my family and maybe playing a board game  and taking advantage of the temperature inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment